The Scorpio Style Guide
Scorpio gals are probably the most polarizing of all the signs - either you love them or you hate them. That’s because they’re fiercely passionate about the things they care about and are not afraid to speak their minds. Intense and focused, Scorpios don’t stop until they get what they want and don’t take no for an answer! And they will definitely rise up to any challenge you throw at them.
Ruled by Pluto, the planet of transformation, Scorpios are always aware of what’s going on around them and are extremely observant (so if you think they didn’t notice you throwing shade, they did). Their mysterious personality shines through in their fashion sense, as they’re often found wearing dark or intense colors. Much like their sign, the scorpion, they like it edgy and they dress to kill.
Scorpios prefer pieces that flaunt their best assets and show off their sexier side! Once they find what works for them, best believe they’re getting it in every color they can get their hands on.
- Kendall Jenner (November 3) who seems to be more private than her sisters, lives up to the mysterious stereotype of Scorpios. While she’s been slaying runways since she was 14, her style is adorned with every designer piece we all lust over. (Fun fact: Kris is a Scorpio too and we all know she got the job done getting the entire Kardashian family everywhere!
- SZA (November 8) has a uniform of athleisure clothes we just can’t help but love. A fan of t-shirts, jeans, sweatpants, and sneakers, she knows what works for her body and sticks to it!
- While Rachel McAdams (November 17) seems like a totally different person from most of her roles, because who can forget her most iconic role in Mean Girls? Don’t know about you, but we’re pretty sure Regina George was a scorpio with all that sass!
- New mom Katy Perry (October 25) is a - get this - SIX-time Scorpio! Her Sun, Moon, Rising, Mercury, Saturn, and Pluto are all in Scorpio. She’s often said in interviews that what she wears, especially when she’s on tour, is heavily influenced by what she’s feeling at the moment. That’s definitely her Zodiac sign speaking!
- Both Kiernan Shipka (November 10) and her character Sabrina Spellman from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina share a sign! It’s no wonder Kiernan is so perfect for the role. We just love her bold sense of style!
- Singer-rapper Willow Smith (October 31) is known for her IDGAF attitude (which is basically the best way to describe every Scorpio). Her sense of style has long-evolved from hair-whipping to a more mature girl-power chic, with her wardrobe consisting mostly of edgy leather jackets, motorcycle boots, and crop tops.
- Academy Award-winning actress Emma Stone (November 6) has definitely mastered how to exude her sexiness in a sophisticated way. Apart from her style, her personality is just completely Scorpio!
Shopping for Scorpios
While looking for the perfect ‘fits for a Scorpio can be difficult, we’ve rounded up these items to make it easier for you! Scorpios’ power colors are seductive reds and of course, blacks (you can check their closest, they’re full of these things). With their birthdays right around Halloween, this makes perfect sense! Here are some sexy staples they’d love to wear all year long - and then some!
1. Liv Set
This set shows off every Scorpio’s best features. Because it can be customized to your liking, it can be made as sexy as you can be! Scorpios are known for getting things they like in every shade available, so it’s a good thing the Liv Set is available in all their power colors - Snow Leopard, NY Noir, and Hot Sauce (and 10 more)! Take it from Queen Scorpio Jemina, our founder, who absolutely loves this set!
2. Billie Set
Scorpios aren’t the type to shy away from showing some skin, so the Billie Set is absolutely everything! With a neckline that goes on for days, and cups that ever so stylishly goes all the way to the nape, this style just speaks to every Scorpio. Paired with a fuss free cheeky bottom, it makes a staple ‘fit!
3. Kels Set
Daring is everything for this star sign! The Kels Set could possibly be their ‘kini soulmate thanks to its unique and sexy O-ring details that just screams unapologetic boss lady. And of course, it comes in Black!
4. Tate Set
Scorpios are always on-the-go and working on their dreams, so they’ll need a no-fuss outfit that will make sure they’ll look good and put together with hardly any effort! The Tate Set co-ords rack up those style points while looking classy and never over the top!
5. Mini Backpack
Scorpios are all about staples. The BB Backpack is a definite must-have because it goes with almost every outfit and can easily fit all of a Scorpio’s essentials. We all know they’re that friend who has a meltdown when they forget something, so this backpack is exactly what they need.
Cancer and Pisces gals, you know your Scorpio babes are expecting, so get to shopping!
Blackbough Exclusive Filters
Having a hard time transforming your pics into that perfect Instagram-worthy shot? Well, you’re in luck. We’re giving you our team’s well-loved presets to make your life a WHOLE lot easier!View Details
Good Stuff from the Philippines
Our newly-released Good Stuff and Summer Romance collections are close to our hearts–and we’re excited to tell you why! Material is always an important consideration when designing our pieces, and we thought it would be a great opportunity to share some local culture with our international audience… in the form of textiles from our home in the Philippines.View Details
Happy Earth Day from Blackbough
As we all know, Blackbough is for the girls who adore the beach – but basking in the sun, lounging on the sand, and taking a dip in the sea, all come with a major responsibility to protect Mama Nature. This is why for Earth Day 2022, we are giving our beloved community a way to join the reforestation movement and help save our earth.View Details
Now that the rush of the holiday season is behind us, and we are into 2022, I have had some time to reflect on last year. In celebrating the new year, I wanted to share a bit more about my business and our future plans.View Details